Blogger Backgrounds

Friday, March 16, 2012

Time Flies

When you are having fun!

A reflection of the past year and a bright future ahead.

Cannot believe a whole year has gone by and we now have a one year old, I guess technically considered a toddler. I look back at the last 12 months and while nothing specific stands out, I have lots of little memories of Addison, CJ and Addison, me and Addison, everyone and Addison. Addison has been our whole world for the past year. CJ and I made it a whole year without hurting each other or a precious human being that we brought into this world. Hard to believe. HEHE!

I have seen our lives transpire to much more than it ever was. We were very happy just the two of us (and Layla and the cats, of course) just a few years ago. Who would have known little Addie would have brought so much more joy into our lives. I certainly didn't think it was possible and I am pretty sure CJ didn't either. But she really has. We are so much more mindful of what we say and what we do, especially with/to each other). We have come to realize that life really has a difference meaning, a different purpose. We have a whole new understanding of family.

So, as a result, we made a life changing decision a few months past. We decided now, better than ever, is the time to move back to Virginia to be closer to family. Funny how a little baby could make me change the whole course of life. But it's true. I couldn't bear to raise Addison without her grandparents around, without lifelong friends around, without the "village" of support and love. Yes, of course we had it in Chicago; many lifelong friends, a few family members scattered throughout IL, but it was different. Something else was calling me back to Virginia. To this day I cannot pinpoint exactly what it is, but I know it has to do with Addison and it has to do with family.

Luckily Addison has an AMAZING father who supports her mother tremendously and has been able to "go along" with my decisions. CJ was very hesitant and apprehensive at first and couldn't understand why. I don't think he still truly understands why because neither do I, but he has rolled with the punches and agreed to this huge change in our lives but not without a few pouts here and there. :)

So, with just under 2 weeks before we make the BIG move, I want to cherish the time I have in Chicago. I want to really take it all in because I cannot take it back. I want all my friends and family to know just how appreciative I am. I cannot thank those in my life enough for being there for me in times of need. It does not go unforgotten.

Thank you Chicago. Thank you friends. Thank you family. Thank you Addison. and especially, thank you CJ!

(and of course I cannot have a post without some type of pictures so I will leave you a few of the cutie batootie)








1 comment: