Blogger Backgrounds

Friday, October 14, 2011

Maddie

I came across Maddie's blog while I was still pregnant with Addison and I have followed the blog since. Let me tell you, Maddie's mom (Kelly) is amazingly strong. She lost her 4 month old baby to SIDS. She has journaled her trials and tribulations as she has navigated through life without her precious baby. I could not imagine. She is inspiring, strong, and an all around beautiful person. She has started a company where she makes items that Maddie loved like bows.

You can read more about her story here. I warn you, you will cry; you will need tissues.

In honor of her daughter's first birthday, which is today, she asked all her readers and friends/family to wear pink and have their children wear pink. So, of course, I honored her wish and dressed Addison in the cutest pink and brown outfit I had from Aunt Suzanne.


I have many friends that have lost their babies during pregnancy, during delivery, and after birth. This month Addison, CJ and I are honoring all those Mommies, Daddies, Grammies, Grandaddies, Aunts, Uncles, Friends, and babies during Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Month.   

No comments:

Post a Comment