Blogger Backgrounds

Monday, May 2, 2011

Say What? 7 hours?

Yup, that is right, 3 nights in a row, of 7 plus hours of sleep.

While most would be ecstatic for this to happen (and don't get me wrong, I am) it also means that my baby is growing up....quickly right in front of my eyes. We have been trying to get Addison on a schedule in preparation of me going back to work (next week...eeek!). Our schedule is going to have to be tight with little deviation in order to ensure we are all to work on time.

With only one car in our household, we will have to manage getting up, getting all three of us ready and dressed, breakfast and lunch prepared (hello Weight Watchers--plan plan plan), Addison fed, Layla taken out and all of us in the car on the way to daycare by 7am to ensure that I am to work by 7:20am and CJ to work by 7:30am. Now, this is all in theory and I am sure practice will make perfect, but none the less, a schedule is necessary.

Therefore, we have been putting Addison down around 7:30-8pm and we have been really successful at putting her down and her putting herself to sleep with little to no crying. Success, yes, but I am not counting my blessings until she is doing this for more than a few nights. Well, in doing so, Addison has been sleeping until 2:30am each morning. That is 7 hours of sleep my friends. I just can't believe our 6 (almost 7) week old is sleeping 7 hours at a time. It amazes me. I guess I just painted a MUCH WORSE picture in my head of parenthood than this.

Now, I don't want to get all cocky and sure of myself because come next week, it's really going to count. I will need every last minute of sleep I can get throughout the night. With every week night filled with a commitment (Mon- Weight Watchers, Tues- Mommy Bootcamp, Wed- Grad School, and Thurs- Zumba Workout), I am going to need all the sleep I can get so here's to hoping 7 hours stays and continues to 8, 9 and 10 hours plus.

PS. I can't fail to mention that even though Addison gets up at 2:30am for a feeding, she promptly goes back down and continues to sleep until 6-7am. Perfect for scheduling!

Stay tuned for how next week goes....eeeekkkk!

My sleeping ANGEL!

No comments:

Post a Comment