Blogger Backgrounds

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Oprah

ugh, those of you who know me, know how much I simply ADORE Oprah.

Well, yesterday, my hopes were completely diminished. My last chance of getting tickets to her show were swashed with a lovely rejection email.

Thank you for your interest in attending the May 17, 2011, The Farewell Season: Oprah’s Surprise Spectacular taping at the United Center.

Unfortunately, we were unable to accommodate your request for this ticket reservation window due to overwhelming demand. We will email you if more tickets become available for this taping at the United Center.

Sincerely,
The Oprah Show Audience Team

let's back up a few days. On Thursday, CJ sent me a link from Yahoo posting details on how to apply to get free tickets to the season finale of Oprah's Farewell season. On Saturday, at 10am you could log on to Oprah.com, fill out the form and apply for tickets. I did just this, along with asking 10 of my friends to add me as their guest. Yesterday, on Sunday, I got the rejection email. Really? out of 22,000 seats at the United Center (where the Season Finale will take place) I couldn't even get ONE ticket. BOOOO!!!

Well, I can't say that I thought I would actually get tickets, but it is even more surreal that I will never get to see a show of hers. Doesn't she understand I moved to Chicago for a better chance to see one of her shows? Doesn't she know that I have talked to every person I have ever met in the Chicagoland about how much I love Oprah in hopes they would have an "in" and be able to get me tickets? Doesn't she know that I have watched EVERY SINGLE EPISODE since I can remember? and doesn't she know that Gram and I watched EVERY SINGLE EPISODE together and that Oprah will forever remind me of my Grandmother. But NOOOOO, I couldn't even get ONE ticket to a SINGLE show. Pout pout pout!

On a brighter note, Miss Addison lighting up my life!

It's okay Mommy that you didn't get Oprah tickets. Look at me, smiling and lifting my head up!

No comments:

Post a Comment