Blogger Backgrounds

Sunday, June 12, 2011

3 Month Old

 Addison had a very exciting week. On Tuesday, May 7th she turned 12 weeks old. Wow, our little girl is already 3 months old. It seems like just yesterday we were going to the hospital to have her and now she is already a quarter of a year old.



She is growing so fast. I don't have stats on her weight or height but I suspect she's gained another few pounds. She goes to the pediatrician next month.


On Wednesday, May 8th we got an excellent report card from school. Addison had rolled from her tummy to her back, not only once but TWICE! We have been trying since to witness this, but thus far, she hasn't given Mommy and Daddy a glimpse of her big feat.

I must admit, at first, I was a little sad, well, very sad, that I didn't get to witness this first and was rather upset they even told me but then, I thought, no, Nicole, this means that you child is developing. Actually, developing earlier than most babies. After a little research, I read that most babies don't turn from their tummy to their back until 4-5 months old. WOW! Additionally, it confirmed that we made the correct choice of school. I am even more convinced she is getting the one on one attention she needs to develop all her skills and that they actually care she is succeeded. I think they were much more excited than I was at first (only because I was upset that I had missed a milestone).

Addison is doing exceptionally well. She is continuing to sleep through the evening without waking us up at all. She still goes down around 8pm and is usually fussing at the 5am mark but we can put her paci back in and she will sleep for another hour to give us time to finish getting ready for work and then change and feed her for school. On the weekends, we typically can feed her and she will go back to sleep for another 3-4 hours allowing us to sleep in until 9am on most weekends. She has been taking 5 ounce bottles every 4 hours (with the exception of the night hours) and this has kept her happy. Her last bottle for the evenings we have been giving her 6 ounces and she happily takes that, so, starting Saturday, we began giving her 6 ounce bottles in hopes she will go a little longer, hopefully 5 hours, between day feedings.

On Sunday we had 3 month photos with Laura Hamp Photography and we are super exciting to see them. Layla even joined for a few! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment