Blogger Backgrounds

Monday, April 25, 2011

One Day at a Time

I knew going into this week that it would be a busy/crazy one and for that, I was ready but taking things ONE day at A time!

I started this with going to my OBGYN for my 6 week check up. This, I was excited about and dreading at the same time. I dreaded going to see how much weight I did not loose but was excited to get the big OK :) and to get a medical release to begin to work out. As expected, I did not loose nearly as much weight as I had hoped but no worries, I had already planned to begin my Weight Watchers journey today. (More to come on this) I am happy that the doctor cleared me for working out, gave me the big OK and even mentioned that he could not even tell that I had a baby and I healed VERY nicely. AWESOME! We talked briefly about the infections I had and he once again stated he was happy I came in when I did and that I trusted my instinct (no, dude, I was in so much pain I couldn't stand it any longer therefore I wasn't going another day without something being done!!!).

All the gals in the office oohhh and awhhhed over Addison and couldn't believe how beautiful she was. Now, don't these woman see babies on a regular basis? Either Addison was extra special or they just say that about all the woman's babies.


Today also marked my first day back at Weight Watchers. I am so excited to loose the baby weight plus some. I have a lofty goal of 75 much needed pounds to loose. I weight in, the much dreaded weigh in, but knew this was a step in the right direction. I learned there is a new program which I am not used to but it will give me some good reading materials. I start tomorrow! :)

Tomorrow, Tuesday, we take Lil' Miss to her 6 week pediatrician check-up appointment where she will recieve a plethora of shots. Mommy is surely going to be upset seeing Addison so upset but we have been told to give baby Tylenol right before the shots and every 3 1/2 hours after for the next 24 hours. We shall see how the rest of tomorrow and evening go. Fingers crossed, she takes to the shots well and we wont have any issues.

Tomorrow evening I start my first Mommy Bootcamp. I am super excited yet nervous at the same time. I am excited to meet new people, hopefully some new mommy's that I can form friendships with and babies that Addison can play with. I am nervous because, let's face it, I haven't worked out in many many many months and quite frankly I am dreading it. But, once again, a move in the right direction. I will report back tomorrow if I make it through the class :) It's 2 days a week, Tuesday evenings and Saturday mornings. I will add an additional day at the gym and another day on the elliptical (after all, we got one for the house, I have to use it!)

Thursday, Grammie (my Mom) comes into town. I am, of course, really looking forward to this. I can't wait for her to see how much Addison has changed and "grown-up" in the past 5 weeks. She's growing too fast! I am sure we will have a weekend of fun before I go back to work in the next few weeks (2 weeks to be exact).

All in all, crazy, but busy week. Not mention, school starts next week so it's going to be even crazier but no worries, I am ready, just ONE day at A time!

Happy Monday! Here's our little one this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment